- HomeRight Steam Machine 53
Dirty grout makes the prettiest bathroom look dingy and unsanitary. I needed to clean our dirty grout and I wanted to do it without using chemicals or having to get down on my hands and knees. I wanted great results with minimal effort. The HomeRight SteamMachine seemed like a great product to try for this cleaning chore.
Here are the steps:
1. Read through the SteamMachine instruction manual to familiarize yourself the SteamMachine, the attachments, how to use the machine, and store it. (Optional: watch videos on Facebook.)
2. Remove any furnishings, such as waste baskets, stools, cabinets, etc., from the bathroom.
3. I didn't do this, but I would vacuum or sweep to remove dust, dog hair, etc.
4. Gather the attachments you will need for cleaning grout: SteamMachine, extension wands, straight adapter, small nylon brush, funnel and water cup.
5. Add the appropriate amount of water (indicated in the instruction manual) for the time you estimate the project will take.
6. Turn the SteamMachine on and wait for the orange light to go off. The machine is ready to start cleaning. While waiting for steam to build, attach the extension wands, straight adapter, small nylon brush to the steam gun nozzle.
7. Unlock the trigger on the gun nozzle, press on the nozzle and lock in place. Start in the corners of the room and run the nylon brush on the lines of the grout in slow back and forth motion. It's like vacumming. Apply a bit of pressure to the brush.
8. Proceed covering the room in a grid manner so you don't miss any grout lines.
9. If the steam runs out, turn off the machine, allow it to cool for 30 minutes before adding additonal water to complete the room.
10. When done cleaning grout, switch attachment from nylon brush to the large cleaning brush with the microfiber brush and go over the entire floor. This is like mopping.
11. When done, turn off the machine and unplug it. Remove all attachments and any remaining water from the SteamMachine. Store the attachments and machine.
12. Enjoy your clean bathroom floors!
After five years, the white grout in our master bathroom has become a little dingy with dark lines and grungy corners. I’ve cleaned grout before ~ the hard way ~ and it is no fun. Several years ago, before my husband and I put our previous home up for sale, we knew that the grout in the master bathroom needed to be cleaned. The marble floors were a cream color and the grout was originally white ~ now it was even darker than the cream of the marble. Not a good look when you want to get top dollar for your home.
We went to Lowe’s and bought a special grout cleaner for marble and scrubbing brushes and rags. We set aside Saturday morning to get the job done. Two days later, we finally finished the job. After a few more trips to Lowe’s to buy more grout cleaner, after realizing that we needed pads for our knees, after taking Advil for our aching backs, we finally finished. Did the floor look better? Yes, but after losing an entire weekend and suffering from sore, achy muscles, we were done and swore we would never do that again. Next time the grout could stay dirty!
When I discovered that HomeRight had a SteamMachine that could easily clean the dirty grout in our master bathroom, I jumped at the chance. And believe me, this is the best way to clean grout. In about 2 hours, I had removed all the dirty grout and our grout lines were white again. I completed the job by myself, didn't have to buy any cleaning products and didn't have a sore back or sore muscles from scrubbing on my hands and knees.
Read more at the Bluesky at Home blog.
Please login to post a comment.
Ready To Get Your SteamMachine Model 53?