Valentine's Day is almost here, which means it's time to create lovey, handmade projects! Charlotte with At Charlotte's House made these gorgeous, embossed dish towels by using a Cricut and the Dual Temperature Heat Gun. These would be perfect to give away as a Valentine's Day gift, but they could also be used for an anniversary, birthday, or wedding gift! Watch the video above to see how you can recreate this project, or follow the steps below:
1) Make a stencil out of adhesive vinyl using your Cricut machine. If you don't have a Cricut, Charlotte says all you need is the same adhesive vinyl and an exacto knife. Pull off the negative space of the stencil where you want the embossing powder to be. Next, cut out a piece of transfer paper and remove the backing. Place the transfer paper on top of your stencil.
2) Place the stencil on your cloth and remove the transfer paper.
3) Use a sponge brush to apply modge podge across the stencil.
4) Sprinkle the embossing powder onto your stencil and press the powder gently into the design so that it sticks. Shake off the excess powder.
5) Use the Dual Temperature Heat Gun on the stencil until the design turns shiny.
And Voila! Now you the perfect Valentine's Day gift. For more information on this fun project, head to Charlotte's Blog.
Please login to post a comment.
Ready To Get Your Dual Temperature Heat Gun?