- Large or Small Spray Shelter
- Drop Cloth
- Finish Max or Super Finish Max
- Paint in color choice
- All Purpose Cleaner
Whether you are new to refinishing furniture or you've upcycled countless pieces, here are some tips we want to share with you for using a paint sprayer to finish your furniture piece. We have seen many people transform regular garage sale finds into centerpieces for their home with just a few coats of paint. If you're ready for the next step, using a paint sprayer is definitely superior to using a roller or brush.
Clean, Repair, and Sand
Clean your piece of furniture well with simple green or TSP, making sure to get into all the detail areas of the piece as well. At the same time, look over the piece to see if there are any areas that need repair. Repair and sand your furniture piece as needed. Let dry for 24 hours.
Prepare Your Sprayer to Receive a Fine Finish:
- Pour chalk type paint or a primer through a strainer into the Finish Max (thin as needed) or Super Finish Max. Straining the paint prevents the sprayer from clogging.
- Adjust the sprayer to the right flow control setting, on the Finish Max this in on the back of the trigger. On the Super Finish Max it is located on the side of the sprayer.
- Plug in the sprayer using an extension cord.
- Spray entire piece with one coat of chalk type paint or primer starting on the bottom side of the piece. Let the piece dry to touch. Chalk-type paint usually eliminates a step in the finishing process because you typically do not have to sand the furniture piece before painting.
Final Sealing Coat
Once your piece is dry, spray a final coat of paint. Depending on your preferred finish, you can use latex in matte, semi-gloss, or gloss coat. You can also use chalk paint again, seal the piece with wax, or spray a poly acrylic coat onto the piece. The final sealing coat is the choice of the finisher.
Allow the Piece to Dry....Then Enjoy!
Let the piece cure for 2-3 weeks before placing in use, especially if it is a piece that is used daily such as a kitchen table or dresser. Once the piece is dry, place it in your home or outdoor patio and marvel at the fact that you just upcycled a piece of furntiure with your own two hands!
We'd love to see the projects that you create using our HomeRight products. Share your hard work with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or GooglePlus.
Please login to post a comment.
Ready To Get Your Finish Max Paint Sprayer?