- Painter's Tape
- Black, Silver, and Caramel Paint
- Spray Shelter
Minecraft is a popular video game amongst children around the world so what better way to surprise your child than by making them a Minecraft box for all of their toys! Danielle with DIY Danielle created this adorable toy box for her son's Minecraft themed room with just a few handy crafting tools. Here's how she did it:
- Gather your materials: toy chest; spray shelter; painter's tape; black, silver, and caramel paint
- Start by taping off all of the corners and edges of your chest with the painter's tape. These covered areas will eventually be painted black
- Using the Large Spray Shelter, paint the exposed areas of your toy chest a caramel brown. The spray shelter will help protect your project as you paint, and will prevent overspray from staining your grass or garage. Danielle chose to use spray paint on her project, but you can also use a Finish Max paint sprayer to finish your project quickly and give it a professional look
- Once the caramel paint is dry, peel off your painter's tape and do the same process with the black paint. Cover the caramel paint with tape to receive a straight, black line along all of the edges and corners
- When the black paint is dry, add a painted silver latch onto your piece to match the design of the Minecraft box. You can use silver paint, duct tape, or a rectangular silver vinyl cutout for this step. Danielle chose to use a silver paint marker
- Allow everything to dry and voila! You have an exact replica of a Minecraft chest!
This project is an adorable way to surprise your little Minecraft gamer. For more details and information on how to make this project, head on over to Danielle's blog.
Ready To Get Your HomeRight Large Spray Shelter?