- Charcoals (without lighter fluid)
- Firepit or Charcoal Grill
- Rosemary Twig
- Olive Oil
Salmon is such a healthy dish, packed with protein while being low in calories and fat. It is also loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids which support healthy brain and heart health. This recipe is a delicious and easy way for everyone to enjoy salmon any day of the week.
PREPARE YOUR SALMON
I love to begin with a piece of fresh caught wild fish. I found mine at a local fish market, and it did not disappoint.
You will want to mix your olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl and then brush it onto all sides of your salmon.
Slice 1/2 a lemon and place a few of the pieces on top of the foil, and under your piece of salmon.
Squeeze juice from the other 1/2 lemon on the fish, and then top with remaining lemon slices. Add a rosemary twig for extra flavor and garnish if desired.
Wrap fish in foil.
PREPARE YOUR COALS
Preparing your coals is important to the overall cooking of your meal. There are many ways to do this, but I will share my preferences with you.
I do not like to use charcoals with lighter fluid in them, nor do I like adding lighter fluid to my charcoals. Using lighter fluid changes the taste of the food and I just don't like it. I love how food tastes when it is cooked over regular charcoals. It is so yummy!
In the past, I have used a chimney to help light my charcoals, but I don't do that anymore! I use HomeRight's Electro-Torch and it gets my coals going in just a few minutes!!
Here are a few things I love about the Electro-Torch:
- The Electro-Torch can get coals going and ready to use in only a few minutes!
- The Electro-Torch is the perfect way to get a fire going and is the perfect accessory for home, camping or in your RV. (And since I am currently living the RV life (read about it HERE) this is a must-have item for us!
- This new accessory is the dual controls which is so awesome! There is one setting to help light the coals/wood, and another setting to give lots of air to help the flames and get your fire going super fast!
- I love this to light my fire without needing chemicals or lighter fluid. It just uses 1500 degree temperature hot air!
- Easily relight your coals or wood if it starts to go out.
- It has thermal protection so it won't overheat and get damaged!
- It is totally affordable too!
Once your coals are ready to go, and your salmon is prepared, simply place your wrapped salmon over the coals on a grate and let it cook!
Depending on how close to the coals the salmon is, how hot the coals are, how many coals you have, and a few other factors, it could take anywhere from 10-30 minutes for your salmon to cook properly.
It is so easy to know when your salmon is perfectly cooked because it will turn from translucent and hot pink to opaque and light pink! It will also flake really easily.
Using the ElectroTorch to start my coals saved me so much time and effort and my grilled salmon turned out absolutely perfect! We love to use this every time we cook over coals or wood!
Camping, or even just cooking out, doesn't mean you have to skimp on flavor and delicious, healthy and amazing meals! In fact, cooking over charcoal can yield some of my favorite most delicious and healthy food ever! Today I am sharing how simple it is to make salmon in foil over coals. You can do this at home over your grill, or on a firepit while camping, which means you can enjoy delicious fish anytime you want!
Please login to post a comment.
Ready To Get Your Electro-Torch Fire and Charcoal Starter?