- HomeRight PaintStick EZ-Twist
- Accent Wall Paint
Accent walls in a living room or bedroom create the perfect way to add a bold pop of color without committing to that color in your entire space! Whether you choose a dark moody hue or a bright, bold, cheery color...accent walls are coming back in the scene to give people a focal point and something interesting to differentiate your space.
Today we'll show you the easiest way to paint your living room accent wall a gorgeous dark navy blue color in just a few hours using the HomeRight PaintStick EZ-Twist! Be sure to head to The Cards We Drew blog for more details.
Choosing accent wall paint colors can be hard, but here's a few general rules of thumb for accent walls:
- Don't be scared to go bold or try a color you are unsure of. That's the fun of an accent wall!!
- Get creative and consider all your options. You can always paint over it if you don't like it! You can also consider stenciling or using a removable wallpaper instead!
- Choose walls that have great architectural features like wainscoting or ship lap. Also, selecting walls without windows and doors is recommended.
- Once painted, don't stop there! Choose decor for your accent wall wisely. Gallery walls on accent walls will make your photos pop even more!
Once you have your paint chosen (I used Sherwin Williams Slate Tile for the accent wall and Sherwin Williams Repose Gray for the other walls), load your PaintStick with paint and get grooving!
We taped off the bottom of our baseboard and then simply rolled on two easy coats of paint, cutting in at the top and bottom. It took no time at all to get the wall painted and clean up with the PaintStick is so much easier than traditional painting!!
Once the wall is dry, consider how you're going to style it. We have a gorgeous gallery wall planned for the very near future that we can't wait to share!
Hope you enjoyed this easy accent wall tutorial! Stay tuned for the updated full space reveal soon!
Please login to post a comment.
Ready To Get Your PaintStick EZ-Twist Paint Roller Applicator ?